MUI Released a Fatwa Claiming that Forest Burning is Haram
REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, JAKARTA -- Indonesian Council of Ulama (MUI) finally announced a fatwa concerning forest burning. This fatwa is created due to urgent demand coming from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF).
There are six legal requirements which come in the form of MUI's fatwa, namely:
1. Burning forest and land which can cause damage, polluting the environment, causing disadvantage to other people, health problems and other kinds of negative repercussion is haram.
2. Facilitating, permitting and/or reaping benefits out of destructive acts of forest and land burning is haram as referred to in the first point is haram.
3. Burning forest and land as referred to in the first point, is a crime and the perpetrators are to be imposed with sanctions in accordance to the degree of damage to the forest and land that they cause.
4. Forest and land fire management in accordance to the law is compulsory
5. The use of forest and land, in principle, can be done by adhering to the following requirements: a. Obtained legal rights b. Obtained land use permit from the authority in accordance to applied rules and regulations c. Aimed to provide benefits d. Must not lead to damage or adverse impacts, including environmental pollution
6. The use of forest and land which are not aligned with the requirements set out in the fifth point, is haram.
The Head of MUI's Fatwa Division, Huzaimah Tohido Yanggo, affirmed that the regulations governing forest burning in Indonesia is already existing inside the Constitution. Therefore, he iterated that this fatwa will serve as an additional legal regulation that is derived from a moral perspective, which is set in accordance to Alquran and Hadits.
"This fatwa will be binding from a moral angle, and of course it is created following the considerations derived from Alquran and Hadits," said Prof Huzaimah during a press conference in the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Tuesday (13/9).source: http://www.republika.co.id/berita/dunia-islam/islam-nusantara/16/09/13/odfk3g384-mui-keluarkan-fatwa-pembakaran-hutan-haram John Randle Womens Jersey Paul Millsap Womens Jersey Ronald Jones II Jersey